Top 10 Workplace Injuries
When it comes to on-the-job injuries, what are the top causes?
Unfortunately, on-the-job injuries and accidents are all too common. While the specifics of each case are unique, there are generally 10 types of injuries that tend to occur regularly in workplaces. Statistics, and my years of experience as a workers’ compensation lawyer, show that the same types of incidents occur time and again.
So what are the most common on-the-job injuries? The top 10 are:
- Unsafe acts. This can range from standing on the top rung of the ladder to not wearing protective equipment.
- Overexertion. Back injuries are the most common form of this type.
- Same level slip or trip. This could be due to something slippery on the floor or an object in your path.
- Fall to lower level. A major portion of these injuries occur from a ladder.
- Strike against. May occur with a loss of balance.
- Struck by. Objects can fall from work tables, pallets or a flying object may come from a power tool.
- Motor-vehicle collisions.
- “Caught in” or “crushed by.” Typically involves workplace machinery, equipment and tools.
- Repetitive-motion injury. Also known as cumulative trauma disorders.
- Workplace violence. Includes sexual harassment, physical attacks, robbery and other forms of violence.
I’ll examine each of these in more detail in later posts, but remember that if you’ve been injured on the job – no matter the cause or type of injury – it’s important to seek legal guidance quickly. A workers’ compensation attorney
will help you understand not only the law, but your rights as well.
Latest Verdicts and Settlements
Crabtree v. The State of NC 2004
A State Department of Transportation Dump Truck, pulling a large trailer carrying a steam roller, lost control on a mountain road, crossed the center-line and struck Kelly Crabtree’s van head-on...
Worker Comp Client Testimonials
Wes Barger, North Carolina
"Thank you John, and all the staff at The Law Offices of John M. McCabe, P.A., for all your help over the years since my accident and for your friendship! I am truly grateful!"
- No articles at the moment
At The Law Offices of John M. McCabe, P.A., we have extensive experience in representing injured workers. We will work hard to protect you from the insurance company's tricks and traps.